Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Daily Devotional


Tuesday, August 31, 2010
“Conclusion.”

Now that we have reached the end of this daily look at the beatitudes, I think we can all agree that the central theme is a renewal of our hearts.

First our hearts must recognize their emptiness, that we are nothing without God, that we have grieved Him, and that we give ourselves over to Him completely, thus creating a hunger for his righteousness.

Then our hearts will be filled, recognizing the mercy granted to us, we will pour out mercy on others, our hearts will be refined, and we will concern ourselves not only with our actions, but our desires, and we will become peacemakers, seeking to honor God in all of our relationships. Because of this we will be filled with His righteousness, our hearts will be new creations, and the world will not be able to help but notice, and either they will be attracted to our Savior, or offended by Him, and will either join us in seeking to honor God, or will persecute us.

Let us continue to seek God, and to honor him.

Prayer:
Lord, I pray that you would destroy me. Take away all of my confidence in myself so that only You remain, and then break my heart, let me feel the weight of all that I have done against you, and humble me before you, Lord. Fill my heart with mercy, purity, and peace, so that I may be pleasing to you, Lord. Let your grace be so abundant in my life that it becomes offensive to all those who choose to live by the ways of the world. Thank you, Lord, for your gift of salvation. Your love is strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment