Monday, August 9, 2010

Daily Devotional


Monday, July 9, 2010
“Blessed are the meek,
  for they shall inherit the earth.”

So, “what makes a person meek,” you may be asking. We become meek when we see God, when we see him in everything, and we recognize his infinite, undeniable, all encompassing, unfathomable glory, and we are humbled.

When God humbles us the Holy Spirit can create in us a meek spirit, a spirit that recognizes that our complete and utter dependence on Christ. When we recognize that we are weak, broken, lost, failures, that we cannot accomplish anything for good, and we take that knowledge and put our confidence in Christ saying: “I may be weak, but you are strong, I may be lost, but you have found me, and through you anything can be accomplished,” that is when we have truly humbled ourselves before God.

Prayer:
Lord, I humble myself before you. I recognize that without you, I am nothing. I have labored under my own strength, and it was all a waste, Lord. I give you my life that you will use it how you see fit. I pray that however you choose to use me that your name will be glorified, and not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment