Sunday, August 22, 2010

Daily Devotional


Sunday, August 22, 2010
“Blessed are the peacemakers,
  for they shall be called sons God.

When Jesus says, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God," he does not tell us how to become a son of God, but he does tell us that the sons of God are in fact peacemakers. People who are peacemakers will be recognized as the sons of God at the judgment and they will be called what they are and welcomed into the Father's house.

We can look to scripture to see how we can become sons of God, for example, John 1:12 and Galatians 3:26. John 1:12 says, "To all who received him (Jesus), who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God." And Galatians 3:26 says, "For in Christ we are all sons of God through faith." We become sons of God by trusting in Christ for our forgiveness and hope.

Prayer:
Lord, I love you so much and thank you for all that you have given me; I recognize that I deserve nothing but death, and yet you still have rained your blessings down onto me. I pray that you would give me an extra measure of your Spirit that I may have the heart of a peacemaker, so that I may be called your child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment