Friday, August 27, 2010

Daily Devotional


Friday, August 27, 2010
“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake,
  for theirs is the kingdom of God.

So, if we are living our lives differently than those in the world, we will become offensive to those who worship things other than God.

·       If you cherish chastity, your life will be an attack on people's love for free sex.
·       If you embrace temperance, your life will be a statement against the love of alcohol.
·       If you pursue self-control, your life will indict excess eating.
·       If you live simply and happily, you will show the folly of luxury.
·       If you walk humbly with your God, you will expose the evil of pride.
·       If you are punctual and thorough in your dealings, you will lay open the inferiority of laziness and negligence.
·       If you speak with compassion, you will throw callousness into sharp relief.
·       If you are earnest, you will make the flippant look flippant instead of clever.
·       And if you are spiritually minded, you will expose the worldly-mindedness of those around you.



Prayer:
Lord, I pray that you would open my eyes to how I can live more boldly for you. Reveal to me in what areas of my life I look too much like those of the world. Assist me in living boldly and differently for you, God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment